Thursday, October 27, 2011

Anne Frank

Well since we could pick ANY topic we wanted I of course chose Anne Frank, I want to give you some facts about life in hiding, and also my opinion on what happened to the Jews. Well first of all Anne Frank lived in a secret annex which was actually located in the middle of Amsterdam, at her fathers work. There were 8 people living there, they were Anne Frank, Margot Frank, Edith Frank, Otto Frank, Petronella Van Daan(Mrs.Van Daan) , Herman Van Daan(Mr.Van Daan) Peter Van Daan, and Albert Dussel. According to my research which by the way I have done a lot of research on Anne and basically the Holocaust in general. I am getting away from what I was going to say oh yes some information about the secret annex:Anne fell in love with Peter, of course Anne kept a diary and many might not know that Margot kept a diary as well except it was not found. If we had found her diary and had Anne's we would have had TWO points of views of life in hiding, but sadly we don't. Anyway Anne had trouble with her mother, but was very close to her father. The members of the secret annex were captured on August 4th 1944. Anne and Margot both died of typhus, Margot died first then Anne a few days later just a few weeks before their camp was liberated. Then Edith Frank died of exhaustion and starvation. Mrs.Van Daan collapsed and died on a brutal march. Mr.Van Daan was sent to the gas chambers and Peter watched his father leave and only to see his clothing come back. Peter died after a long march. Now Albert Dussel the way he died is unknown or at least I couldn't find. Otto Frank was the only of the 8 to survive. Now I think I have bored you all enough with my writing so I must say farewell and bid a do

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you know quite a bit. Good work. You'll be able to contribute quite a bit to our discussions when we get to this point in the curriculum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope so I am VERY eager for that unit I just find it so fascinating I have no idea why but I do. I even wrote a essay about Anne Frank for fun. People say why would you ever be interested in Anne Frank she is so boring but I think differently she was a very influential girl and also I can relate to her in most aspects.

    ReplyDelete