Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Teacher Nicknames...?

                                                                         photo by: tim ellis

            What is up with all these students calling their teachers, "Mama Hynes" or "Papa Vega"? That's just like calling a dog, Pooch Lacey. It may be funny the first time to you but it gets stupid and annoying to some people! Yes, they may be a mama or a papa but not to you. (Unless they are.) I mean, it's not like the teacher wants you to call them that. Usually people that do this have to have a connection with the teacher. His/her girlfriend or boyfriend have connections and not even they say "Boyfriend ______" or "Girlfriend ______". It's so weird.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness!
    I find this weird too!
    I would never call a teacher mama or papa. Thats just strange to me!

    ReplyDelete