Sunday, April 1, 2012

Stage Fright


So as many might know and if you don't I have stage fright. Shocking I know, how could the girl who can never shut up have stage fright! Well actually it is really easy to explain. You have stage fright for a few main reason: you know you suck and don't want to humiliate yourself, you know everyone will laugh because they are messed up like that, or you just freeze for no reason at all.

It is one thing to be good and have stage fright and knowing you suck and have stage fright. A person knows they suck right and people keep pushing them to do it anyway, but they don't want to. Therefore the person has stage fright because they don't want to humiliate themselves even more! Which is understandable of course.

Now let's say you are really good, BUT you psych yourself out by telling yourself "they are going to laugh I know it." then you freeze! People only think people will do that because of our stupid, manipulative, mean generation! What happened to the days where everyone was supportive of each other?? Hmm I would like to know because it isn't right for people to be that rude or for people to think they will be that rude! A person needs to know that if they put themselves out there they won't get burned. I know I need to know that when I go on stage.

So of course there are just people that just FREEZE for no apparent reason, they just do! I have no idea why but hey some people are just like that haha.
Today I had a performance for my performing arts program: singing, dancing,and acting! I did hip hop, jazz, tap, and musical theater! And that was just dancing, I performed a play live, for the first time! I had my very first solo!!!! You would think I would be super super SUPER nervous right? Well hears a big surprise, I wasn't not one bit! You wanna know why? I wasn't scared for once, because I knew everyone there would support me and help me if I fell and comfort me if I failed. Now I can't necessarily say that about my school's choir, but at least I know I have one place where I feel like everyone has my back :D

Photo By: Fred Seibert

No comments:

Post a Comment